Welcome to Friends Meetings (Quakers) in Atlantic Canada!
Atlantic Friends Half-Yearly Meeting (AHYM) was constituted in 2018 as a coordinating organization for Quaker Meetings and Worship Groups in Atlantic Canada. It also coordinates the Atlantic Friends Gathering.
AHYM is part of the national Canadian Quaker organization.
Halifax Monthly Meeting holds a meeting for worship every Sunday at the Ecology Action Centre in Halifax at 10:30 AM followed by a time of fellowship over coffee/tea. Contact
Worship Groups under the care of Halifax Monthly Meeting
- Antigonish WG – Meets every second Sunday at 11 AM in the L’Arche House at 63 Highland Drive, Antigonish (corner of Highland and Fairview). Contact
- South Shore WG – Meets weekly at 11 AM in members homes. Contact
Truro Worship Group – Meeting for Worship every Sunday, 9:30-10:30 AM at 17 Eastmoor Drive, Bible Hill, Nova Scotia, B2N 2X2 Contact
Annapolis Valley Monthly Meeting meets at 3pm at the St. John’s Anglican Church (back entrance) in Wolfville each Sunday afternoon. Remote attendance is also available by Zoom. Subscribe to our calendar or Facebook page, or email for Zoom link and more information. Contact
New Brunswick Monthly Meeting is comprised of five Worship Groups and two Allowed Meetings located across the provinces of New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island and Nova Scotia:
- Woodstock-Houlton Worship Group meets weekly in members’ homes, alternating between Houlton, ME and Woodstock, NB. Contact
- Fredericton Worship Group meets every other Sunday in members’ homes in Fredericton, NB. Contact
- Fundy Friends Worship Group hold their meeting in St Andrews per arranged schedules. Contact
- Saint John Area Worship Group – Meeting for Worship at the Villa Madonna, every second and fourth Sundays mornings at 11 AM Contact
- Sackville Worship Group[ meets on Tuesdays at noon in the chapel at Mount Allison University in Sackville, NB. Contact
Under the care of NBMM
- Prince Edward Island Allowed Meeting holds a weekly worship every Sunday at 11 AM in the Haviland Club, 2 Haviland Street, Charlottetown. Access by front door, or ring the bell at back door (on Union Street, off Water Street). Meeting is held upstairs. Contact
- Eastern Shore Allowed Meeting – Meetings for Worship every second and fourth Sundays of the month at 2 PM in Dartmouth, NS. Contact
NBMM Monthly Meetings for Business are held the third Sunday of every month in Fredericton, NB. Worship at 11AM-12PM, Potluck Lunch, Business Meeting 1-3 PM Contact
St. John’s, Newfoundland Worship Group meets every second Saturday at 4 PM at the St James United Church in Saint John’s, NL. Contact
These three Monthly Meetings and the Worship Groups and Allowed Meetings under their care comprise the Atlantic Half-Yearly Meeting (AHYM). Atlantic Friends Gathering is a subgroup that comes together as a Gathering on the Victoria Day weekend every spring. A program is planned for spiritual nourishment for adults and young folks, usually at a camp where Friends can enjoy a natural setting, bring food to share, and strengthen the bonds of our faith fellowship. A fall meeting brings Friends together for business and sharing common concerns. Contact: