Welcome to Friends Meetings (Quakers) in Atlantic Canada!
Atlantic Friends Half-Yearly Meeting (AHYM) was constituted in 2018 as a coordinating organization for Quaker Meetings and Worship Groups in Atlantic Canada. It also coordinates the Atlantic Friends Gathering.
AHYM is part of the national Canadian Quaker organization.
Halifax Monthly Meeting holds a meeting for worship every Sunday at the Ecology Action Centre in Halifax at 10:30 AM followed by a time of fellowship over coffee/tea. Contact
Worship Groups under the care of Halifax Monthly Meeting
- Antigonish WG – Meetings only as scheduled. Contact
- South Shore WG – Meets weekly at 11 AM in members homes. Contact
Annapolis Valley Monthly Meeting holds their meeting for worship in members’ homes every Sunday at 10:30 AM except the first Sunday when they usually meet at 4 PM followed by a potluck supper. Check their web site calendar for details. Contact
New Brunswick Monthly Meeting is comprised of five Worship Groups and two Allowed Meetings located across the provinces of New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island and Nova Scotia:
- Woodstock-Houlton Worship Group meets weekly in members’ homes, alternating between Houlton, ME and Woodstock, NB. Contact
- Fredericton Worship Group meets every other Sunday in members’ homes in Fredericton, NB. Contact
- Fundy Friends Worship Group hold their meeting in St Andrews per arranged schedules. Contact
- Saint John Area Worship Group – Meeting for Worship at the Villa Madonna, every second and fourth Sundays mornings at 11 AM Contact
- Sackville Worship Group[ meets on Tuesdays at noon in the chapel at Mount Allison University in Sackville, NB. Contact
Under the care of NBMM
- Prince Edward Island Allowed Meeting holds a weekly worship every Sunday at 11 AM in the Library at The Mount Continuing Care Community in Charlottetown, PEI. Contact
- Eastern Shore Allowed Meeting – Meetings for Worship every second and fourth Sundays of the month at 2 PM in Dartmouth, NS. Contact
Newfoundland Worship Group meets every second Saturday at 4 PM at the St James United Church in Saint John’s, NL. Contact